When in Rome enjoy the best of Rome Free of Charge! Explore Rome with your family without breaking your bank account! Here’s ItalyTravelista Top 10 Free Things to do in Rome to explore Rome at your own pace! By the way do not miss a tour of Rome by Night!!!
1) Visit the Vatican Museums free of charge on the last Sunday of every month, from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. (the last admission is at 12:30 p.m.).
2) Churches are everywhere in Rome, according to Wikipedia there are over 900 churches in Rome! Access is free of Charge including the magnificent Four Rome Basilicas of San Giovanni in Laterano, Saint Paul outside the walls, St. Peter and Santa Maria Maggiore. Donations are welcome!
4) The Pantheon goes Free!
5) Watch the Roman Forum from the Capitoline Hill best during sunset!
6) Water! Delicious water from every fountain! Travel Eco-friendly! Don’t purchase bottled water just drink the Major’s Water!
7) Parks! Walk across the enchanting Borghese Gardens, Villa Ada and/or Villa Pamphili for a great day out or a picnic lunch with kids!
8) Visit the Holy Area of Largo Argentina and watch the cats lounging among the ruins of four ancient temples.
9) Enjoy Rome’s finest view from the Janicolum Hill and set your watches. Cannon on the hill fires at noon every day, since 1904.
10) Check out the only Pyramid in Rome that houses the tomb of Caius Cestius, one of the best-preserved ancient buildings in Rome and visit the nearby Non-Catholic Cemetery often referred to as the Cimitero degli Inglesi-Englishmen’s Cemetery to enjoy peace without forgetting the Latin Motto Carpe Diem.
Do not forget to read local magazines for free events, Roman foodie festivals & music concerts in Rome.
Ciao from Rome:-)
Since 1997 Nancy Aiello Tours specializes in private family oriented Rome and Vatican tours led by friendly and entertaining official Rome tour guides designed to satisfy the curiosity and attention spans of the whole family visiting Rome.
New articles are published on our site weekly, sometimes daily. To keep up to date with our news, tips and current events, please sign up for ItalyTravelista free RSS feed.
If you are interested in publishing a version of this article please contact Nancy Aiello Tours.